Call 760-518-9546

How to: Get What You Want

A silhouette of a person raising the hand up in the air

Description automatically generated with low confidence

I’ve coached many chiropractors in my career and one of the main complaints that I hear is that chiropractors feel like they can’t get what they want, they feel stuck. 

I’m going to share with you the winning formula for getting what you want in life. Pay close attention to what I’m coaching on today and apply it to your life. 

Upper Limiting Barriers and Solutions Thinking

The first step is to become aware of your upper limiting barriers.  Maybe you know that if something doesn’t go the way you want, your energy starts to drop. When this happens, you might become aware that this a problem and you tell yourself “I’m not going to let this affect me”, “I can’t let my energy drop”, “I can’t go down into that black hole”. Do you see the problem in this? If not, let me tell you, this is correctly identifying the problem but it’s not coming with a solution. 

When the ultra-successful chiropractors come across upper limiting barriers, they immediately start coming up with solutions to the problem.  It could be as simple as take more supplements, go for a walk, and get FIRED UP. Instead of staying in their head reciting what they can’t do and how they can’t let themselves go down the dark path.  They immediately take action and do something different to change their mood. 

Create a Big ‘Why’

When your why gets big enough the how will take care of itself. Let me give you example for this one, let’s say I call you up tonight and say tomorrow I’m gassing up the jet and whisking away you and your loved ones to an all expenses paid for trip to Acapulco, where you will be wined and dined, massages and special treatments. What would you say? “Oh no, I can’t do that, I need to figure out this and that and I don’t know what I’d do with my practice” No! You’d get into action mode, call everyone you need to call and figure it out.  You’d move heaven and earth to get on that jet. 

So why would your life be any different? 

If your why in life is big and motivates you then you will start to take drastic action to make it happen. You won’t wait for the perfect moment or some divine inspiration to hit you before you start making changes. 

Start with the end in mind. 

Creating Goals

When I start coaching clients, most do not have clear goals, and this relates back to a big ‘why’.  They lack vision on their ‘why’ and therefore do not set any goals. 

There are some other reasons why people don’t set goals. 

  1. Fear
  2. Don’t believe in goal setting
  3. Don’t know how
  4. Lack of self-confidence, doubt

Get out of your head and start dreaming.  Yale did a study that showed that only 3% of people have goals and the 3% that did have goals outperformed the other 97% that did not set goals. 

Listen, your goal doesn’t have to be going to Mars, but it does need to big and motivating to you. 

Start by becoming a solutions oriented chiropractor, then set a big ‘Why’, and then set goals around your ‘Why’ and watch your life transform.

Leave a Comment