Call 760-518-9546

Marketing for New Chiropractors

When you leave school you feel very accomplished, as you should, and you feel ready to bring chiropractic care to the masses.  One of the main pitfalls we see is that chiropractors spent years listening to their teachers and to technique doctors but when they start their own business then they think they know everything about marketing without any prior experience.  Time has taught us that there is no such thing as a short cut.  Just because you are a doctor does not mean you are an expert at marketing and consumer psychology (unless of course you had a prior career in both of those areas).  The degree that you hold is for your specific area of expertise and you still have areas where you can learn and grow. 

3 Key Areas of Business Success

Learn from the experts.

  • Get a chiropractic coach!
  • Find a chiropractor mentor.

These might seem obvious, but a lot of new chiropractor choose to fail over invest in a coach.  If you are going to spend money on marketing, make sure that it is the right marketing.  Strategies for business development are rapidly changing and you should have a coach who has a finger on the pulse. 

Decide what you want! 

  • Think about the outcomes that you wish to achieve in a week, in a month, in a year
  • Write down your vision for the same time frames.
  • Get clear about the result.

You might be saying that you know what you want- pay off student loans, get a nice car and buy a nice house.  To make them a reality you must write them down and get very detailed about exactly what you want and when you want it.  The how, will come later.  You should also write down why you want these things, this will help you to get clear about the type of person you are becoming. 

Resolve to pay the price.

-pay the price 

– increasing discipline will increase your self-worth

-increasing your self-worth will help you to overcome all obstacles

The top 20% of chiropractors earn 80% of the profits nationwide.  That means that the other 80% share the remaining 20% of the profits. 

Which side of the equation do you want to be on? 

It’s pretty clear when you start to pay attention to the top 20% of all chiropractors that they are the top 20% for a reason.  They are disciplined and do what needs to be done consistently and without fail.  They do not miss a step because “they are tired”, “they don’t want to”, “they’ll do it tomorrow”, “it’s really not that necessary”.  You will hear all these excuses from the other 80% of chiropractors.  

In our next post we will discuss the actionable steps you can take in your business.  If you have questions about getting your mindset in order, hiring a coach or anything else e-mail me at

Leave a Comment